Dilapidation Inspection in Melbourne
A dilapidation inspection report is a report on the condition of a Melbourne or grater Victorian area property at a given point in time. It records any existing damage and the state of particular aspects of the property that are likely to be affected by construction work, excavation or demolition.
It is commonplace and wise for a dilpidation report Melbourne to be completed on the property and adjonining properties prior to the commencement of works and at the end. When the before and after reports are compared a clearer picture of any damage that may have occured during construction work, excavation or demolition can be analysed.
Dilapidation Inspection Melbourne | Report Summary
iSPECT Building Inspections employ experienced builders across Melbourne building inspectors to complete dilapidation reports for both domestic and commercial clients:
- Carried out in accordance with AS4349. 1-2007;
- A dilapidation report details the existing condition of a structure, road, footpaths etc prior to building work being carried out on a neighbouring property. Most Victorian councils as part of a development application will require a dilapidation report be carried out on neighbouring structures.
- The inspection itemises each defect found and includes a photo of each. The inspector will report on all internal and external areas and where required, the council assets.
- Useful in defence if any claims are made by the owner of a neighbouring property for damage they believe your building works have caused.
- The the report should be signed by both parties prior to building work commencing.
- Download a sample dilapidation report
You can download a Dilapidation Inspection sample report from the link below.
* Raw photos of your inspection with embedded Geotag and date/time are also available with the report ON DEMAND